Sunday, March 22, 2015

Steampunk Rose Bug

I've been playing with my copics trying to learn how to render metal. I found a few tips and tricks and a few pins to help me out. Pictured below is my first project in which I used my markers to render worn, brushed metal with a bit of rust added.  Hopefully, with more practice, I will get good at this technique as I love Steampunk projects.

Forgive the watermark, but it is a necessary evil due to online theft these days.


Credits:

Copic colours:
  • ROSE: 0, C1, C3, C5, C7, E04, E97, YR00, E08 and E31. I used Titanium White DecoArt Americana paint for highlights.
  • WEB: B00, B01, B02
  • JEWEL: R32, R35, R39.  I used Titanium White DecoArt Americana paint for adding highlights.
  • BUG and JEWEL GOLDEN areas: Y11, Y15, Y17, Y38
  • BUG BRONZE areas: Ack! I don't remember.  It looks like E43, E44, E47, E49 and E18.

Assembly:  
  • I printed my image onto Copic X-Press-It card with my Canon Pixma MX860 printer then coloured it with Copic markers. 
  • I dipped a rough bristled stencil brush into copic blending solution and pounced it on my coloured image thus removing some of the colour to give an aged metal look.  
  • I cleaned any ink spread with my Copic blending marker and touched up any areas with more ink where needed. 
  • I outlined some areas with a fine tipped black Sharpie marker and added white highlights with paint as listed above.  I highly suggest using a pigment ink such as the Copic multiliners, but my ink in those ran dry.  Sharpies are alcohol based and will smear if you go over it with your alcohol markers.  
  • I then scanned my image to my pc, removed the background, and made this digital frame scene with the digital elements listed above.  
  • All digital work was done in PSE8 as I still need to learn how to use my "Big Girl" photoshop program.

Cheers!
Lady B

No comments:

Post a Comment