Thursday, January 15, 2015

RSD's Progressive Challenge part 2

There are a number of challenges dotted about - in blogland and in our own Facebook group that feature Rick's images. Rick is sponsoring a few challenges in the coming months. The list is updated on his blog if you want to go see them all.

We will be showcasing a selection of themed images both on Sparkle and Glitter and on Airless Chambers
on the 25th of this month - be sure to come back and check this out. I hope you will enjoy both showcases - The entire team will be joining in, I think, this month.

Our Progressive Challenge is heading into the second half of the first phase today and it's Team B's turn to have the spotlight turned on them. Please head over to the Sparkle and Glitter Blog to see all of the lovely makes from Team B.
As usual on the first month the theme is 

"Anything Goes". 

We'd love to see projects other than cards. 
Digis are so versatile and can be resized easily to fit any project. 
There are so many images in the shops at Etsy and Zibbet that you will be spoiled for choice and you just have to check out the new 2015 Fairy images!!!

Here is my contribution using Rick's "Snow Queen" Digi.  She can be purchased from both Zibbet and Etsy.  Click images to enlarge. 




I started with this gorgeous "Snow Queen" digi stamp by RSD. You can find her in both the Zibbet and Etsy Shops.  The Snow Queen was coloured with Copic markers and scanned to my PC.  I printed 3 copies and fussy cut the layers, leaving my original coloured image as the top tier of each layer.  

I added DecoArt Paper Effects in Pink Pearl, Amethyst Pearl and Peacock Gold to the gems.  I love the fine metal tip that comes with the Paper Effects because it allows me to make the tiniest of dots when needed. Also, the paint does not warp the paper.  It's good stuff!

The background was made with Canvas Board that I purchased from Jerry's Artarama.  

I used the following DecoArt Products:
Assembly:
  • I painted the canvas board with DA Gesso and allowed to dry.
  • I applied DA Media Modeling paste through the Gears and Cogs Stencil.  More drying time.
  • I sprayed the DA Media Misters as listed above and allowed to dry. I  had my focal image a little too close when spraying my canvas so there are some fine mist specks, but I think it adds a handmade feel to my project.  
  • Using a toilet tissue empty roll, I added random circles using DA Multi-Surface Satin acrylic paints as listed above.
  • I applied Media fluid acrylic Interference Magenta to the cogs.
  • Using the Americana "Mod" stencil, I applied Glistening Snow-Tex to various areas.
  • I also added Glistening Snow-Tex to the bottom of my canvas to resemble snow.
  • When everything was dry, I sealed my canvas using DA Texture Primer/Sealer.
  • Lastly, I applied my heavily layered, fussy cut, Rick St. Dennis Snow Queen image to my canvas using pop dots.

I'm pretty pleased with my end result.  Looking back on some of my projects, I'm more fond of pinks and violets than I realized.  So much for being a "dark" artist.  LOL!

Cheers!
~ LADY B ~

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning! I love the colours you've used on the canvas and the gorgeous details. The image is A M A Z I N G!!! Your colouring is fabulous. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Copic coloring is gorgeous. I love how every color blends so well.I would love to sit and watch you color. Your mixed-media background is wonderful too. Violets and picks are good!

    ReplyDelete