Art Chain Challenge day 1 of 5

I have been nominated by both Monique van Dijk and Tori Searcey to participate in the Art Chain Challenge (#artchain). Over the next 5 days I will be sharing some of my work and will nominate others to share their art.  I think most of my friends are already playing, so it may be difficult to nominate somebody. I will get to that part later.

The Art Chain challenge provides those producing creative and artistic pieces the chance to show their favourites over a five day period, while nominating other artists and crafters, and is a lovely way to spread a little love and public exposure. 

Here is my late start and Day One of #artchain:  I am sharing 3 pieces that were published in "Just Steampunk" magazine Vol. 5 by Scott Publications. Click images to enlarge.

Boneyard Skulls is a mini gallery wrapped canvas using an Andy Skinner Background Technique, DecoArt paints and mediums and I used one of the Skulls from RSD's "Boneyard Skulls" digi stamp set.  I coloured the skull with Copic markers and burnished the back of the image for dimension. I added broken bits of my cell phone and a copper coloured cog to add to the steampunk feel.  

Dr. Doom (pictured below) is a canvas board using some Andy Skinner Background techniques, paints and mediums from DecoArt and uses a Rick St. Dennis MFA digi stamp "Dr. Doom". The focal image was coloured with Copic Markers and fussy cut prior to adding it to the MM background.


My last project for today, "Angela the Assassin", uses a RSD image with the same name.  I altered a jumbo sized candy box using Andy Skinner techniques and DecoArt mediums, textures, and paints.  I added TH Gears and cogs and half plastic beads to look like rivets.  I embossed some of the cogs with a Darice "Steampunk Gears" embossing folder.  Once again, the focal image was coloured using Copic Markers.

Cheers!
Lady B

Comments