The Second Day of Creepmas 2014

Hello!  I'm Lady B and I'm last on the hop list.  You should have arrived here from Lisa's fabulous blog.  If not, or if you found my blog by accident and want to start at the top of the hop list, head on over to Terra's blog.  I have posted the entire hop list below in case anyone gets lost along the way.

Here is my contribution for Day 2 of the 12 Days of Creepmas hosted by Smeared and Smudged.  Click images to enlarge.






I made another Creepmas ornament for my Creepmas Tree.  I started with the "Sad Frosty" image which was drawn by Rick St. Dennis and is sold exclusively by Smeared Ink as an unmounted 8.5" x 11" deeply etched rubber set named "Dark Holidaze".  I stamped the image onto Copic X-Press-It card stock with Memento ink and coloured it with Copic markers.  I took a plain wooden ornament, carved by a family friend, and painted it with DecoArt Multi-Surface Satin acrylic paint in True Blue.  When dry, I applied DecoArt Weathered Wood crackle medium and allowed it to dry overnight.  Next I painted a coat of DecoArt Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic paint in Sky Blue.  My camera didn't pick up the crackle effect too well, but it looks great in person.  I sealed the ornament with DecoArt Decou-Page glue/sealer in matte and sprinkled glamour dust glitter over the wet surface.  Lastly, I applied my image to the ornament and adorned the ornament with some skull beads.

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Lady B ~

I will be entering this project into the Smudgy Antics ATG challenge.
As promised, the hop list is below:

 photo JollyBlogger2014_zpse7278384.jpg
Terra- Hop Hostess
Black Dragon
Maureen
Teresa
Julia
Sue The Nanny
Jane
Susan
Nan
Shell
Kim
Monique
Airless Chambers
Keren
Sarah
Leigh
Lisa
Lady Brayton

Comments

  1. Love the crackling on the snowflake, Lady B. Perfect with the fab image and that trail of skullies is a brilliant addition. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant ornament for the Creepmas tree. That snowman works perfectly and I love the tail of skulls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, let me say you have a very talented friend.
    It took me a second to realise snowman has his hat in his hand.
    No wonder he looks so sad! OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor poor snowman! Who'd wanna axe him, poor dear!
    LOVE the ornament, that the snowflake is hand carved is amazing. Awesome project, thanks so much for showing us!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Frosty, he looks so sad! He'll be a fabulous addition to your Creepmas tree, and I love the dangly skulls :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that's some cool ornament and I looooove sad frosty , he is my fav snowman ever (guess it's because he looks so sad, I feel so sorry for the little guy)

    love what you made

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the crackle effect..first thing I noticed! I love the image and think I have it but your coloring is so fabulous! Love, love, love the skull beads hanging!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this sad snowman! Great Creepmas creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great ornament! I love snowflakes, and the way you have "creepified" this one is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful ornament, I love sad Frosty and those dangle skulls are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ornament, love how you colored the image!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment