BURNT OFFERINGS Week 2 with SMUDGY ANTICS

Welcome back for week 2 of the fortnight challenge with Smudgy Antics!
The theme for this challenge is

You may interpret the challenge theme anyway you choose.  For those attempting to use actual flame of some sort please use common sense and have a basin of water nearby as well a fire-extinguisher.  We don't want any injuries or burnt down homes in the making of your burnt offering projects.

Examples of Burnt Offerings include, but are not limited to, the following:
Burn the edging of your cardstock or a portion of your project.
Use a soot stamping technique.
Use a wood burning tool in some fashion on your project.
Use your heat gun to scorch areas of your project. 

Also acceptable, especially for the accident prone folks, are the following:
Use a faux Burnt technique.
Add faux flames to your project.
I'm sure there are other things, but we will let you folks decide what to do.

Below is my take on the challenge theme.  Click pics to enlarge.






I used the Fire Goddess from Smeared Ink's "Elementals" rubber set which is currently retired, but may make a comeback at some point through Smeared Ink's Rubber Club.  The image was stamped with Memento Ink and colored with Copic Markers.  I burnt all the edges of the image and some of the image itself.  The image itself uses flames and I put the gorgeous image on some paper with flames on it as well.  Under the image I heat embossed "Fire Goddess" with Zing embossing powder in orange.  I was kicking myself afterwards because after embossing I finally found my Ranger red embossing powder I had been looking for.  It would have given the contrast I wanted.  Oh well.  Perhaps tomorrow I will color over the embossing powder with my red copic markers.  The final step was mounting my piece to some shimmery black cardstock.

Be sure to head over to Smudgy Antics for more details on the challenge and to get more inspiration from the remainder of the DT.

If you like our challenges, why not head over to the Smeared and Smudged Forum?  Smeared and Smudged offers several monthly challenges with prizes, monthly blog hops, monthly ATC swaps, Holiday Swaps, and the Monthly
Cheers!
~ Lady Brayton ~

Comments

  1. I always love gazing into fire and your project captures that fabulous depth. Gorgeous colors and I love the burnt edges. Fabulous, Lady B. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so digging your offering, I like that image, and you colored her so well! Fire Goddess is so cool okay well HOT looking! Great job!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment