WEEK 2 of GLITTER and GORE with SMUDGY ANTICS

The title says it all.  
This is the last week to enter the GLITTER AND GORE challenge over at the SMUDGY ANTICS CHALLENGE BLOG.
It appears that most of blogland is too afraid of GORE to play along so the chances of a win are fantastic!

Pictured below is my take on the challenge.  Sorry about the poor quality of the pics.  Glitter is hard enough to capture, but with a cell phone camera the challenge was even greater.  I must remember to have my camera battery charged on Sundays.  D'oh!

Click images to enlarge.  I'm sure the pics all look pretty much the same, but I posted three in case one happens to be clearer than the others.




I used "Shy Zombie" from Smeared Ink's "Zombie Pinups" digi set.  She is colored with copic markers.  I'm still searching for my favorite zombie greens so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know what colors to try.  I added Spica glitter pens to the skin and Stickles to the zombie's purple drape.  

I also added the "Anatomical Heart" from Smeared Ink's "Quoth the Raven" rubber set.  You can get this set if you are a member of Smeared Ink's Rubber Club or you can get the set in digi form here.  The heart was stamped with Memento ink and colored with copic markers.  I added glittered nail polish to the heart and the zombie's wounds.

The images are mounted on ripped cardboard which was painted with DecoArt  Metallics paint in red.  I also added some leftover scraps spritzed with Dylusions Spray Inks for contrast.  While the paint was wet I applied some shiny micro beads as well for extra sparkle.  Believe me...under the lights this sucker is super bright!  I had to decrease the saturation of the color in photoshop so as not to induce involuntary vomiting from the neon bright colors.  I suppose if I used my real camera, the brightness wouldn't have been as much as an issue.  Eh...too late now :)

The zombie is on pop dots for extra dimension.  Lastly, I added the sentiment "Zombie girls need love too".

Head over to the Smudgy Antics blog for more inspiration.
Thanks for looking!
~ Lady B ~

Comments

  1. Fabulous colouring on that 'girl' :-D Fantastic creation Lady B xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorgeous sparkle and fab saturated colors. Nothin' is too bright for me. LOL Fab work. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! awesome colouring on the zomie lady...looking so good how could she not get a man?? lol Awesome stuff as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I like it!:) I think she looks great. I like the greens you used on her. I also like to use YG91(Putty) for zombie skin...it's kind of a dirty greenish/grayish shade.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment