My First Domino Book

I decided to play along with challenge #1 at Domino ART.  
The challenge was to make a domino book using Freebies from Rick St. Dennis MFA that were drawn specifically for a domino book.  He is also the sponsor of Domino Art's first challenge.  The time frame for the freebies has passed, but you can still purchase the images here.

Supplies:

2 white standard dominoes
Copic Markers
Random ribbon from my stash

Following Monique's tutorial, I printed and cut my image sheets to size and colored the cute little images with copic markers.  I sponged shaded lilac distress ink in the blank areas of my paper and then scored my paper to make the accordion folds.  Next I adhered my two colored image sheets together so I had images on both the front and the back.  I added little "V" shaped cuts at the top and bottom of each fold line and outlined the edges with the silver sharpie marker. (I forgot to mention I colored the blank side of my dominoes with alcohol inks) I attached the ribbon and my paper to the dominoes using glossy accents and when dry I coated the tops with clear UTEE to give a hard, high shine, protective coating.  To add a little more zing, I edged the dominoes with Zing embossing powder in silver.

Here are the pics.  I really need to make a photo light box.









I am entering this challenge just for fun as I am on Rick's EDT and would rather non-EDT members win the prizes.

Cheers!
~ Lady B ~

Comments

  1. Adorable, Lady B. I so wanted to try this but time got away from me. Love your vibrant coloring. Super book. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Round of applause for Lady B :0) I applaud making your first altered domino a book project...it is a huge success my dear friend! Thank you for playing in DominoART's first challenge!

    http://dominoartblog.blogspot.com

    Domino Hugs
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful. i love it. I did not have time to play this round..but so love love love your piece.
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your domino book, the colouring of your images are wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your domino book, the colouring of the images aew wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is gorgous lb. it's so much fun to see all the differents books being made with the same image

    Love your take on it and of course beautifully colored
    You rocked this book!!!

    Hugs
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely book with vivid colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment