January Member Blog Hop with Smeared and Smudged


*January Member Blog Hop with Smeared and Smudged*

Blog Roll

you are here ---> Lady B <---you :=":" are="are" here="here" p="p">

It is time for the monthly member blog hop with Smeared and Smudged.  The theme for this month was to create a project that is ripped, torn, and folded in some type of way.  The other requirement was to use at least one stamped image (real or digi) as stamping is the Smeared and Smudged way.  You should have arrived here from Wendy's Blog and your next stop on the hop is Kristy's blog.  The full blog roll is above.

Here is my take on the challenge for this month's hop:
( click images to enlarge)



I used a random clear blood splatter stamp, probably Inkadinkado if I had to guess, and I used a sentiment from Michaels $1 bin.  Sorry, I don't know the maker of the sentiment, but was pretty pleased with it being red rubber and wood mounted for only a buck.
The main image is "Let's Have Brains" digi stamp from Rick St. Dennis.

I found the triptych template online and printed it onto copic X-press it cardstock.  I coated it with different colors and layers of Dylusions spray inks.  Unfortunately, when I cut the template out, it was terribly uneven so I had to tweak the design a bit.  Since the arched parts wouldn't line-up correctly while closed, I mounted the triptych onto black cardstock and trimmed until the edges matched up.  I still need to decorate the outside of the card, but I ran out of time.

The zombie was colored digitally in PSE 8 and printed out three times.  I fussy cut different layers for added dimension and inked the edges with distress ink, which looks great in person, but doesn't capture well with my camera phone. I want to do a full scale version of this zombie layered, but I need more silicone glue before that can happen.  I used pop-dots here, but I prefer the look and strength of the glue.  I used copic markers on top of the blood splatter (in distress brick red) to bring out the color more.  Of course I ripped and tore my blood and sentiments from cardstock and inked the inside and the edges with more distress ink.  My fingers look like zombie rot this morning.  LOL!

It is my last day of work for this week.  I hope I make it through as I have horrible chills and all over body pain today.  Visit me tomorrow to get a peek at my project for the new challenge over at Sparkle and Glitter with RSD and don't forget to play along with this fortnight's challenge on Smudgy Antics which is to make a project with a pocket.  Easy Peasy!  
Get inky and have some fun!

If you enjoy these hops, join the Smeared and Smudged forum.  We have monthly hops, ATC swaps, we will be doing a Bloody Valentine swap and hop, and you get to network with some awesome like-minded crafters.

Cheers!
~ Lady B ~

Comments

  1. Awesome. Love it. And my fingers look like that a lot lol. O well......

    Great job lb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Lady B, killer job on your project! I totally love the dripping blood on the left! That image is creepy cool! I love your project, you did a Hella great job!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lady B. Hope you feel better soon hun. Love this gorgeous project. great colors and fabby image xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better.You never cease to amaze me with you dynamic art. Always awesome wow..I think you have been one of my greatest inspirational artist.
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant....really brilliant!! I LOVE that background and that drippy blood...perfect! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project...you never disappoint. Hope you are not getting the dreaded flu bug...feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Fabulous colors and that Zombie looks like he could reach out and grab you. Amazing work as always. Feel better soon. I think you could use the zombie rot fingers to leave work early today, if you're so inclined. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your project fantastic work
    Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this.. been eyeing that Rsd image... love the dimension you created too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment