Smudgy Antics Weekly Challenge - DRAGON TALES

I hope all those who participated in SmudgeFest last week not only survived and had fun, but I hope you all saved some mojo for this week's Smudgy Antics challenge!

Yep, we are back to our regularly scheduled weekly challenges.  These should be a breeze after a week of doing a project everyday!

This week's challenge theme is:
"DRAGON TALES"

Here is my take on the challenge:
(click image to enlarge)


I used one of Smeared Ink's newest images.  This fierce looking fellow is titled "Dragon Love" and will be available in the shop very soon!  I colored him digitally in PSE8.  Some think coloring digitally is cheating, but trust me...it is very time consuming!  I color much faster with my copics, but I am in serious need of refills...especially my dragon greens!  Hopefully I can win the lotto and then I can buy every single color and refill that copic makes.  Hey, a girl can dream, right?!  The "Protector" sentiment is from Smeared Ink's "The Symbology of Angels" digital stamp set.

The wicked-cool background was not created by me.  I wish I was that talented! The background is a photo by the photographer DMoutray.  Out of respect for his work I left his watermark in the right hand corner and will give his Flickr link here.  This project is for my personal use and will not be sold or traded.

Head on over to the Smudgy Antics' Blog for more inspiration and then get yourselves in gear and get crafting!

While Smudgy Antics offers awesome weekly challenges, Smeared and Smudged offers month long challenges for those that may not have as much crafting time available. There are also monthly blog hops, matchbook and atc swaps, holiday swaps, etc.  If you join the forum you are sure to meet new friends and network with some very talented individuals.

CHEERS!
~ Lady B ~

Comments

  1. beautiful as ever, love the background it works so well with the dragon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning piece of colouring and he looks awesome against that background :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment