Smudgy Antics Weekly Challenge - Recycle Something

This week the girls at Smudgy Antics are challenging blogland to
 "Recycle Something".

Here is my take on the challenge:
(click on images to enlarge)




I saved an empty bottle of mead because I loved the shape and color of the bottle and just knew I could use it for something.  I swear, crafting is turning me into a hoarder!  I save so many things that most would toss into the trash in hopes of using said items in my projects.

Anyway, I am a lover of Halloween and figured I might as well get started on some new decorations.  Who am I kidding?  A good majority of my Halloween collectibles stay out year round!  I decided to turn the mead bottle into a potion bottle.  I found a cool cave/dungeon pic online to use as the backdrop for my Zombie Serum label.  The Zombie is from Smeared Ink's "Zombie Head Shot" digi stamp set.  Everything is colored and assembled in PSE8.  I printed the label out on adhesive glossy paper and stuck it on the bottle.  I was debated whether or not to add some twine to the neck of the bottle.  What do you think?  Twine or no twine?

For more challenges, why not head on over to the forum?  They have monthly challenges with prizes and monthly freebies just for playing along.  Smeared and Smudged will also be hosting a three day "Bloody Valentine's" hop and will be holding a Valentine's Secret Sister gift swap.

Other cool stuff to know, Smeared Ink is converting their retired rubber into digi stamps.  Check the store for details.

Cheers!
~ Lady Brayton ~

Comments

  1. FABUUUUULUSS bottle - awesome colouring on that image Hun :-) Definitely Twine !!! LoL
    Hugz
    Ike xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever need a new career- design beer labels! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment