In case you don't know about Smudgefest, Smeared Ink will be hosting a week full of challenges and prizes, with a huge grand prize opportunity at the end. This is to help kick off the new weekly challenges on the Smudgy Antics blog. Of course, with every contest there must be rules. Read on to find out how the week-long challenges will work.
*Each morning from August 1st through 7th at 12:01 am Pacific Time, a new challenge will be posted. It will contain that day's theme and prize information.
*To participate, you must make a project that fits the theme and add it to that day's post using the Inlinkz linky. It must be linked by midnight of the same day.
*Your project can be anything (card, scrapbook page, altered or 3-d item, etc) as long as it is handmade and stamped somewhere with either a rubber or digital stamp. Feel free to think outside the box and have fun with your project! Smeared Ink is all about looking at things differently and looks forward to the variety of projects they are sure to see.
*You must use AT LEAST one Smeared ink image on your project. You are allowed to use anything else that you like. No all-digital projects allowed.
*The daily winner will be chosen by random number and revealed later the next day in a separate post (not the daily theme post).
*At the end of the week, all participatnts who submitted entried for all seven days will be entered for the Grand Prize Drawing of 17 digi stamp sets from Smeared Ink. The winner will be chosen by random number and announced on Monday, August 8th.
Today's challenge was MANIC MONDAY. We were to create a bi-polar project that showcases two opposites.
My project showcases life and death.
(click image to enlarge)
I used a digi image from Smeared Ink's "Zombie Pinups" digi stamp set as well as a Thomas Kinkade landscape stamp and colored both with copic markers. I used a white gel pen for highlights on the flowers. I mounted my creation on generic black cardstock and mounted that on top of some DP (brand unknown), ripped the edges, and rubbed some distress ink along the ripped areas. I popped this part of the project up with foam dots and mounted it on sunny yellow DCWV cardstock.
Sorry for poor grammar, but I am super tired today.
Thanks for looking.
~ Lady B ~