Smudgefest Day 7

Today is the last day of Smudgefest over at the Smeared Ink DT blog, Smudgy Antics.  No worries though...there will be weekly challenges on the blog starting Monday.  For today's challenge we were given a free digi image to use in our projects.  Here is my creation:

(click image to enlarge)


I colored the digi rat from Smeared Ink, scanned her, made her into a png file and then added my nude lady to the scene and merged them together.  It works pretty much like masking with rubber...except it's digital so errors are easier to fix.  I printed this combo out on Copic X-Press it cardstock, trimmed it, and hit the white space with three colors of distress inks (rusty hinge, vintage photo, and black soot) and added the golden yellow with my copic markers.  I then mounted this on two layers of patterned cardstock.  The picture dosen't show it well, but I inked the edges of the brown cardstock with distress as well.

The cute rat totally inspired this piece.  I had pet rats as a teen.  My fat boy...Vicious, my small boy, Dustin, and my female, Medusa.  They were awesome pets...very social.  I'd walk around town with Vicious on my shoulder...letting him down every 15 minutes or so to do his duty...or doodie.  LOL.  Anyway...this got me thinking about witches and familiars.  I don't know why.  My thought process just streams like that.  I envisioned a beautiful witch with her rat familiar.  She of course made him large to cuddle with him.  Not in a pervy way...in a caring and trusting way.  Why is she nude?  Why not?  I picture her at home by the fire feeling the warmth on her skin and spending time with her loyal companion.  Safe, secure, and comfortable.  Home. 
Cheers!

BTW...there are more challenges going on over at the Smeared and Smudged forum and don't forget to check out the weekly challenges at Smudgy Antics!

~ Lady B ~


Comments

  1. love it and really love that you shared the thought process. It makes it even BETTER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - this is awesome - LUV it :-D
    Hugz
    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, beautifully coloured!

    Fiona. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly amazing LB! I am glad to hear that someone else's mind wonders regularly! LOL! Your coloring is beautiful! I love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool, LB! Love how you colored everything digitally & physically. That would be kind of cool having a familiar who was as large as you, to snuggle & feel protected.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment