Friday, August 5, 2011

Smudgefest Day 5

Today's challenge was to use a flowing medium.



I used watered down acrylic paint on the coffin base.  I then added a thicker layer with multiple colors on one of my smeared ink's urban decay stamps and splotched the colors and added texture.  I took my barbed wire stamp, also from SI's urban decay stamp set, dipped it in paint, and stamped on my coffin.  For the lid, I took the open stamp from the same set and stamped it twice.  Once with red distress ink and once with black.  I sprayed some water on the stamp so I had a smeared effect.  I then spot colored with more distress inks and copic markers.  I ripped the edges and used distress inks once again and then attached it to my coffin with gesso.  Phew!  I hope I used enough flowing medium!


10 comments:

  1. FABULOUS and Love that you used OPEN for the top, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness - what a stunning effect. This is amazing.
    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely and totally awesome project! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You Rocked this challenge! Awesome coffin! I love how it looks! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Lady B! Super cool effect! Love this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome super cool, great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lady totally awesome as always
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunning creation LB. I love it!

    Fiona. x

    ReplyDelete