A Challenge and a Release Preview

Most of you out there know that I am on two design teams.  Today I need to post for both of them...Smeared Ink and Simply Betty Stamps.  Rather than do two postings I am going to combine them. 


I'll start with Smeared Ink.  For those not familiar, Smeared Ink is a rubber and digi stamp company that focuses on alternative, gothic, vintage, and edgy styles.  They have their own ning group, Smeared and Smudged, and are now starting their own weekly challenge blog, Smudgy Antics.  We just finished a week full of challenges during our Smudgefest to kick off the start of the challenge blog and the grand prize winner will be announced sometime today.  The weekly Challenges start today as well!


Our first challenge is Splat!  We are asking participants to make a project that has splatters, drops, splodges, or blots.  Go to the Smudgy Antics blog for further challenge details and to get some inspiration from the DT.

Here is my creation:



Sorry for the blurry cell phone pic.  I used a background rubber stamp from Smeared Ink's "Inky Dreams" set stamped with versa mark and zing copper embossing powder and heat embossed it.  The zombie and tombstone are from Smeared Ink's "Build a Zombie Alphabet" rubber stamp set.  The images are colored with copic markers and mounted on 7 gypsies paper as well as generic black and kraft cardstock.  Oh...the sentiment is from Smeared Ink's "Zombie Pinups" digi stamp set.  All sets are currently available in the shop.

---------------

Now for Simply Betty's goodies!  For those not familiar, Simply Betty Stamps has a huge line of fun, funky and unique rubber, cling, and digital stamps for the quirk in you.  Check her store here.  She has some of the cutest images I've ever seen!  Simply Betty also hosts two challenges...a bi-weekly card and other mediums challenge as well as a bi-weekly scrapbook challenge.  The challenge blogs can be found at her link above. 
 Today and tomorrow we are previewing and releasing Simply Betty's Sweet Gothic Kids Halloween line!  This will be the first of 4 Simply Betty Halloween Releases.

Here is my sample made with these cuties:



 This was one of my first attempts at digital coloring.  Let me tell you...I color MUCH faster with my copics, but I was waiting on refills when creating this project.  Luckily, my refills arrived over the weekend!  These three cuties along with three more will be released tomorrow!  Please check Simply Betty's Site to see a ton of fabulous inspiration from the DT as well as to find out ways to win some images!


Cheers!

~ Lady B ~

Comments

  1. Great job with both projects. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous digital coloring!! I am still too chicken to even try, but your results are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh - I wouldn't want him finding me, Ta !!!!
    Fabuloud digital colouring on the 2nd one :-D
    Hugz
    Ike xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are awesome! You did great on the digital coloring Woot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment