Smeared Ink's Design Team's End of Term/New Release Blog hop

It is the end of the DT term over at Smeared Ink.  We'll be saying goodbye to some of our amazing DT'ers, and hello to some rad new Smeared Ink images! Our wonderul Guest DT'ers will be playing along as well. Please be sure to hop along with us as we close out this term with a bang!

Here is the image I was given to work with:



We were challenged to not only create something with our new image, but to combine it with images from at least two other Smeared Ink Stamp Sets.  I chose to add images from the Femdom and the Glam Vamps Digi stamp sets. 

 Here is my creation:


I hope this isn't too "out there" for you gals.  Honestly, the piece took on a life of it's own.  My inspiration came from the Urban Dictionary's definition of Shakari:

Shakari is actually two words made for one perfect fit...Shaka is the term wild, outrageous and full of fire. It also means tough, and high tempered when someone does shaka wrong- she instantly dismisses them..Ari is defined by sweet, beautiful, a sense of awe in presence.. when Ari loves, she loves deeply and has a certain respect for who she loves. Shakari means that this young lady is hot and cold- only if you respect her and love her back. She is born to be a star or a highly known figure in her time...be careful- she just might surprise you in every adventure she partakes in. She is very talented in EVERYHTING she does and is a fast learner. Be careful of how you treat her- she is most likely known to have a best friend called karma.

I combined my images in photoshop to create my final composition.  I then printed out my piece onto Copic X-Press it cardstock and went to town with my copic markers.  I added Glossy Accents to the decantur and glasses as well as Shakari's irises and lips.  I added some bling and mounted my piece onto black cardstock.

Thanks for looking!


 

 Here is the hop list:

Comments

  1. This is even cooler then I imagined! Once again, your colors are incredible, and the combo of images is fantastic! I love this...no matter how "out there" it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow and WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!! i don't see this as 'out there'...it's totally gorgeous and amazing. you absolutely rock LB!!

    i'm so going to miss creating with you but i know i'll see you around ;)

    HUGS!!!!!!!!!
    XOXO
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS! Love the bling addition, but your creative brain is just amazing Lady B! I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW great job, love the colors and image combination! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Love how you combined everything together and the colors are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow as always when I see your work I am speachless I love how you colour
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg that is awesome! I have no words. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, LB, I love it how you are able to push the boundaries in your art. Beautiful coloring (I thought the decanter was real), and you illustrated definition of Shakari perfectly. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am here to pay homage to my creative god.
    You always amaze me... you always inspire me.
    Your work is 2nd to none...as usual...your work is PERFECTION my friend... love xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment