Art Journal Everyday...page 5

Here is a snippet from Balzer's Designs' blog about art journaling:

"For the past year I've been keeping a daily art journal. (I talked about it a little in this post.)


It's super low stress. I don't do a finished art journal page every day. That would be way too hard for me. Instead I add a little something every day. For me, the point is to open that art journal every single day and do something creative in it -- even if it's just for 10 minutes.
I have schlepped that art journal with me on every trip I've taken this year. It has come with me to Paris, Chicago, Cleveland, Boston, Los Angeles, and many places in between!
It's half scrapbook/journal and half artistic experimentation/expression. I don't make any effort to make the pages look pretty. (One of the reasons I rarely share it here on the blog.) If they do, that's awesome. If they don't, that's fine too.
I'll admit that I have missed a few days along the way. Most of November seems to be missing. But for the most part, I've kept up and at least put something in its pages every single day of 2010. Wow!
And now we're heading into 2011 and I'm more committed than ever to make my art journal a part of every single day.
Want to play along with me?"

--------

The gals and I over at Smeared and Smudged are taking part in this journey.  What I share may be silly or emotional, depending on the day.  Perhaps it will take me a week or two to finish a complex page.  Some days I may overload you with several simple designs and doodles.  My goal is just to create for at least ten minutes per day, everyday.  I'm finding first thing in the morning and again before I go to bed work best for me.  So far I just have marker doodles as I'm still recovering from illness and haven't had the energy to get my schtuff out.  I figure my more extensive work will take place on weekends and days off work.  Anyway, enough babble.  Here's my contribution for today.  Colorful.  Primitive.  Silly.

Enjoy! 



Cheers!
~ Lady B ~


Comments

Post a Comment