SBS 12 days of Christmas...Day 7

Day 7
Today's project is "all I want for Christmas is... My Emos!" Incorporate any Emo with your Christmas project today, and use this color combo:


Purple, Lime Green, and Turquoise!

I'm liking the non-traditional Christmas cards these days.  I used Witch Betty from Simply Betty's Emo Halloweenies and colored her with copic markers.  I then scanned her and added digital snowflakes, presents, mistletoe, postage stamps, and the ornament border.  I'm not sure if I like the way it turned out, but I didn't have time to make another.  I dunno.  The card feels a bit flat and cluttered to me.  Perhaps I am just missing my intense and dark colors that I like to use?  Maybe I am just my worst critic?  Anyway, this is my offering for day 7.  Catch the deets for the challenge at the SBC blog.

Since I was not overly impressed with my offering for today, I thought I'd revist one of my older cards that utilizes the same color scheme.

This card feels more like me.  I used Simply Betty's "SassyWitch Mina" and twisted trees from Tiddly Inks.  The digi stamps are colored with copics and the background was made using distress inks.  I added dimensional smowflakes for my embellies.  The only digital enhancement I added was the sentiment.


Comments

Post a Comment