Smeared Ink Saturday

For those that don't know, I am a DT member for Smeared Ink Stamps.  Not only does Smeared Ink have awesomely dark, gothic, and alternative stamps (as well as some fun and whimsical images), they have their own forum where like-minded stampers, scrappers, and mixed-media artists come together to network, collaborate, and inspire eachother.  The group is supportive of all artistic styles, there are frequent challenges with prizes, they have monthly image and ATC swaps, and it is free to join.  Why not come by and see what it's all about.  Share your artwork.  Make some friends.  Learn new techniques.  

Saturdays are my days to share my artwork created with Smeared Ink Stamps.  We've been so busy at Smeared and Smudged with our 31 Days of Halloween that I only have one new project for you today.  If you scroll through my older blog posts you will be sure to see more smeared ink ark as I've created tons of stuff with their awesome stamps.  Be on the look-out next week as my "Creepy Li'l Grumpies" have arrived at my door as well as "The Symbology of Angels".  Expect some greatness as soon as I get these suckers cut and ready to stamp.  

Speaking of cutting stamps, I wanted to share my favorite tool for this purpose.  This is Tim Holtz's micro-serrated non-stick scissors by Tonic Studios.  They can be bought at Michael's Arts and Crafts, Archiver's, and several other brick and online craft stores.  They run around 11-15 USD and are worth every penny!  They cut through the thickest rubber like a hot knife cuts through butter.  I bring this up because Smeared Ink Stamps are thick and deeply etched.  Trying to cut them with an exacto blade or a lesser pair of scissors will leave one's hands too tired and cramped to craft.  These babies do the trick for me...and I am arthritic.


This will also be listed under a new forum header at Smeared and Smudged called "Into the Dark".  The "Into the Dark" section of Smeared and Smudged will be an area that focuses on stamping tools of the trade.

Okay, back to my main purpose...!  Here is another ATC I made with Smeared Ink's "As Death" stamp set.  I started with clay coated paper and smeared three colors of Distress Ink directly from the pad to the paper.  I stamped my image with Staz-On ink and cut it out.  I then backed it with generic black CS and mounted that onto a digi background from Itkupilli.  This combo was then mounted on DCWV CS and more generic black CS.



Thanks for Stopping by!
~lady b!

Comments

  1. Awesome atc love the images
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really awesome Lady B! Thanks for the tips, too. I just got a bunch of Smeared Ink stamps and I do have those scissors. Never thought to use them for cutting stamps though. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT card. I love those scissors too. I just used them to cut up my debit card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I really love the backgound images you have been working with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning. Both the as death stamp and that background!! love the whole picture frame look
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great ATC. Love the images and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you stamped the image, it really adds dimension to it

    ReplyDelete
  8. this clay paper is so cool! I love the effect it gives! great ATC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work!! An I confused? I commented on the other "day 23" post yesterday. Must be me losing my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the info in the sissors. love the atc, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! The ATC is wonderful. WOW! still loving the clay paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got to get me some clay paper! Wonderful ATC love how you work with stamps and digital images.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment