Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween - Day 10

Welcome back to Smeared and Smudge's 31 days of Halloween!  Can you believe it is Day 10 already?  Here is my offering for today:


Okay.  This project is a little different for me.  I find that when trying to create something everyday for 31 days, one gets bored with the same old techniques.  My project is a combo of traditional stamping and digital stamping.  Ghost "London" is from Simply Betty Stamps "My Kids Emo World" collection.  The tree and clouds are from Stampscapes.  The bats and moon are digital images I found on my picnik editing program.

I started out with my clay coated cardstock and used a technique that I've used before...applying ink directly from the pad to the paper.  Clay paper has a sheen to it that resembles photo paper.  It looks really cool in person.  Too bad my photography skills are not up to snuff!  

I then stamped my clouds and tree and masked the area.  I stamped "London" with versa mark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I decided to color a few select areas black as the outlined image just needed a little bit more to stand out.

I mounted layers of DCWV papers.  The arrow is a chipboard piece the has dry embossed metallic paper.  I sanded the embossed areas to bring out the numbers.  The piece still needed a little something as I had "London" floating in mid-air.  She is a ghost so floating is acceptable, but still, she needed to be somewhat grounded.  Using picnik again, I added lightening to my project.

Like I said, this is not a typical project for me.  I usually like to use bright, bold colors or stick with a black and white color scheme.  Since this is a little out of my comfort zone, I'm not quite sure if I like the end result or not.  I think I do.  Heck, at least I tried something new.  It's always good to expand one's horizons!


Here is the blog roll for today:


Thanks for Stopping By!
Cheers!
~lady b~

Comments

  1. oh wow love that card LB totally awesome...hugz anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! But are the digi things printed onto the project, or did you add them later to your photograph of the project? This is so far out of my league! You did an awesome job! Lovin' your ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love this! It is frickin sweet! and you said you weren't good with digi!!!! ummmm hunny I hate to tell you this but your good!!!!!!!!! total wicked sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made my project first, took a photo, then added the digi elements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing all you do to your projects. I luv the white embossed image, it's so great on the blue background. I love Digi and Traditional, it's great to see you mix'em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That is WICKED! Love every part of it! Totally awesome! I wish I had digi skills. You are fab at digi! Great piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW awesome just love it
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That turned out brilliant!!!! I love that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Freakin' awesome!! Lovin' everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. dude, awesome, shear awesomeness!!! loving this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cool on the blue background - great masking too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whatever you do is amazing LB. This is no exception. Love the blue background and London looks like she was waiting to be done like this.
    The bats in that sky ..... the whole project has that WOW factor
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is amazing lady! freking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so freaking awesome! I love it I must try it...this is just so well done I'm speechless!!! wow just wow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment