Day 12 of The 31 Days of Halloween with Smeared and Smudged

Welcome back to Smeared and Smudge's 31 days of Halloween!  Today is Day 12/31.  Man!  Halloween is almost here!!! 

Today I bring you a small, but awesome project made with Smeared Ink's "As Death" rubber stamp set.  For those who haven't purchased Smeared Ink stamps before, let me tell you...these babies are thick and deeply etched.  The result is a crisp, clean image.  I colored my image with copic markers and mounted it on DCWV cardstock.  The project measures 3.5 x 3.5 inches total.  I'll try to get a better pick later as my scanner doesn't do this project justice.  The background actually fades from deep red, to red-orange, to orange and then yellow.  The scanned result just looks like deep red to yellow.  Oh...and you can see where my markers bled a little.  I am not the neatest when it comes to coloring!

Here's my stamping tip for the day: 
I don't have money for a fancy scrap table.  I don't want to ruin the tables I do have and I am a VERY MESSY crafter.  I just use a fold-out table when crafting and then I can stow it away when company comes over.  The problem with folding tables is that they are not always very sturdy.  Mine is also a bit warped from years of storage in the garage.  Because of this, stamping can be a challenge as there are parts of the image that do not come out (if I happen to be on an uneven portion of the table).  Here's my solution...an old mouse pad!  I simply lay the mouse pad under my paper and stamp as usual and I get a clean, even image.


Here is the blog roll for today:

Tori 
Jane 



Thanks for Stopping By!

Cheers!
~lady b~



Comments

  1. love what you did with this image! the coloring is marvolous! wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing - I think that the little "bleed" points from the markers made this card what it is - those colours look so vibrant. - Scanners can do that.... make everything bright look "samey". looking forward to a photo.
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. another Gorgeous project Lady!! And the mouse pad tip is really great. I tend to always have to stamp things again, because it doesn't fully come out the first time. Hence, why I almost always stamp on cs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think the 'bleeds' were bad - helps it all blend together. I stamp on a pad too - it does help. I think you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you use such bold, rich colors for such macabre things. Everything always comes out so fabulous! Great tip too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow lady this is fantastic as always
    luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS coloring! LOVE the red background. This is awesome! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really fantastic! Love the vamp & zombie pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that image! great job!! I'm messy too... I end up having ink everywhere including on me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome colouring LB,love that stamped image...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Lady B and I REALLY love the zombie / vamp pics! WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vivid colors, totally makes the creepy image jump out at you. And those zomie pictures... oh my gosh how fun and creepy at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the coloring on this is just amazing! I love it! I just love how vivid it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Total sweetwickedawesomeness going on! I totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great table tip and love the awesome colors on this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment