31 Days of Halloween with Smeared and Smudged - Day 19!!!



31 Days of Halloween with Smeared and Smudged
Day 19!!!

Welcome back for another day of Halloween Hopping!
Notice anything familiar about today's project?  I used background digital images from Itkupilli again and also used the same DCWV cardstock as yesterday.  I read someone's blog the other day (sorry, I don't remember which blog it was) and the blog host made a project from all of the scraps on her craft table.  I decided to do something similar.  Although I started with a whole sheet of cardstock, I used it until it was gone.  I actually made 4 projects with it.  Not too bad, eeeh?  Anyway, it helped me utilize my materials better and saved a huge amount of time in clean-up as there was virtually nothing to clean when I finished my projects.  I may have to craft this way more often as I am a messy crafter and I HATE to clean!

I used "Lola" from Simply Betty Stamps "Back to School Emos" collection.  If you look to the left you'll notice a vampire in the shadows waiting to strike.  The tombstone on the right says "vampires are a pain in the neck".  Poor Lola seems clueless to the vampire's presence.  Perhaps the surprise will be on him?  Who's to say Lola isn't packing some serious stake action or holy water in her backpack?  Maybe she has some mad Ninja skillz?   I added a graveyard fence to help set the mood.  These acetate die-cuts are from the devil herself, Martha.  One of my blogging buddies summed it up pretty well..."even the devil can hire a good designer" so I don't feel too bad about financially supporting her minions.

Click the image for a larger view.


I hope you've enjoyed my offering for today.  Be sure to leave some love on the other wicked blog participants.

Cheers!
~lady b!

Smeared and Smudged
Terra
Tori
Black
Dragon

Jane
Anita Marie
Meredith
Sugar
Kapree
Kelli
Alex
Lynette
Alison
Lisa
Shelley
Danielle
Lady
Brayton

Comments

  1. super awesome card LB,totally love you colouring her hair looks awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's awesome!!! i love how the colors pop out!!! lola's coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it- and love the 'mad ninja skills' LOL! Yep- supporting the minions, THAT is what I am doing!!!

    Yesterday's was FAB with the background too. Stupid blogger wouldn't let me tell you that :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say Lola's one tough cookie. LOVED reading your post. Made me LOL. Yeah, supporting the devil's minions can't be all bad. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome!! love the fence and all the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have hit upon something, I'd rather craft than clean too. Lola is one of the quiet ones you have to watch out for.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME! I LOVE this look with the realistic background and the cartoony main image! Brilliantly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally wicked awesome again!! I think Lola has Mad Ninja Skillz for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lola looks like she can take on anything that comes her way :) Brilliant card, love the brightness in the middle and then all the dark shadowing around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! Another great project using a mess of things that you would think wouldn't make a cohesieve project...but it does! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those colors really pop and I love the fencing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome. I love the background and the tombstone. Lola looks like she could take over from Buffy no worries

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome as always perfect colouring
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so awesome! I love the fence and tombstone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. nothing on here that I don't love. Lola of course, taking centre stage, is coloured beautifully. The tombstone is a hoot and that background is fab
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the creepy lurking vamp! great card!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment