The Burtonesque Dolls Challenge #6

It is time again for another challenge with the Burtonesque Dolls.  Here's a clip from their blog, "Hello all you Burton fans! Welcome back to another fun filled Burtonesque challenge! Today we have a fun one for you! Final Cut...And Shave Create a card/project inspired by Sweeney Todd and using decorative scissors or paper distressing tools (e.g. Tim Holtz craft scratcher or distressing tool)! Not too hard huh? Here are some fun images from the movie, and you do not have to match your cards/projects to the pictures, just use your cutting and distressing tools!"

Here is my take on the challenge.



I kept this one simple as I didn't want to distract from "Rio", the awesome stamp from Simply Betty Stamps.  As a matter of fact, the prize for the Burtonesque Dolls challenge this week is stamps from Simply Better Stamps so if you like what you see you should head on over to their blog

I colored Rio with Copic Markers.  I used my new EK Success border punches and I used my Time Holtz distressing tool for the edges of my plum paper.  It's a handy tool for on the go crafting and for safety purposes, but honestly I prefer my scissor's edge for distressing.  It works better and faster.  As for the EK Success punches...Love them!  After distressing the edges, I inked them up with Distress Ink in "Black Soot".  I am a fan of distress ink.  Big time!  I should have heat set the ink.  Although Distress Ink typically dries quickly on paper, I had such thick paper that the drying time took forever as it was so heavily saturated.  This lead to some smearing action.  So much for a clean look!

This was my first time using Simply Betty Stamps.  They are pre-cut and mounted with cling mount.  These stamps are deeply etched and make a fine, crisp, fantastic impression on your paper.  I cannot wait to get more images!

I hope you like what you've seen.  Have a great weekend!
Cheers!
~ladybray~

Comments

  1. First of all, congrats on you win for the last challenge!! I LUV LUV LUV how you have colored her hair and incorporated your cutting tools. Thanks for joining us at TBD challenge this week!
    hugs!
    Eulanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady, another awesome card!!! I love Rio...and hope to have her as my own one day! You did a fab job with this challenge, and I hope I get to play along too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! What an awesome card.. Love the image you have used..Fab coloring.. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously quirky card - perfect for joining us in the Doll House this week!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment