Off the Wall Craftiness color challenge #6



 Hi everyone!  With my new-found freedom after quitting my job, I have been able to get caught-up with projects as well as take on some new ones!  This week I am participating in a color challenge hosted by one of my fellow Smeared Ink Design Team Members, Kim Wilson, at Off the Wall Craftiness.  Here is what Kim had to say, "Our challenge colors are turquoise, lime and black, if you want to add in the other blues and greens of the peacock that is fine too but has to have those three! Heres the rules, if you would like to enter please become a follower of my blog, please post the inspiration photo and the link back here, only one entry per person and please make something with as close to the challenge colors as possible because if it is something that doesnt go with the theme, the post is old or the link takes me to something totally different it wont count! Also, all of my challenges are chosen at random, it is far too hard for me to pick a winner so everyone has a fair chance! Now that all the details are handled, are you ready for the prize?





This week we have a great surprise for you! How does two prizes sound to you? We will have TWO winners this week! Each winner will receive a goodie bag 5 of Sideshow's amazing stamps!"  
Click here to visit our site! www.sideshowstamps.com ~ Retro and Unique Art Rubber Stamps!! Everything is currently 10% off!!








Well, hearing that there would be 2 cool prizes from sideshow stamps and wanting to support my girl, Kim...I just HAD to play along!  What fun I had!  I'll think I'll have to come back and play more often!  The peacock above was the inspiration for the color challenge.  Of course I used the colors, but I used them MY way!  Here is my take on the color challenge.






I used the teal, black, and lime green (the camera didn't quite pick the colors up correctly) from DCWV Citrus Stack.  I crumpled the paper and distressed the edges with sharp scissors. I went over the crumply mess with Ranger Distress Ink in soot black and emerald blue.  My Smeared Ink stamped image (carnies set) is colored with copic markers and mounted on silver thread to look like she's walking the tight rope.  The sentiment "hang in there"is from Smeared Ink's "Carnies" stamp set as well.

I am also submitting this image under the Smeared and Smudged Monthly Card Sketch Challenge.

Comments

  1. Great card girl! I am so glad you are playing along :) A new challenge starts right after the winner is anounced tonight so come back and check it out!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! I love her tightrope! So damn clever! This card looks awesome! What a great job!!! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment